Desktop app troubleshooting
How to solve desktop app issues?
For any kind of problem, firstly you have to clean your cache.
1- Log-out and close the desktop app by tapping on "Quit Musixmatch" (right mouse button on the Musixmatch icon).
2- Search the Musixmatch folder writing down %AppData% on FileExplorer or on the Search box of your Start screen
3- Follow that folder path: AppData\Local\Packages\MUSIXMATCH.LYRICS_7gejyv32yt3te\LocalCache\Roaming\Musixmatch
4- Delete the folder
1- Open the Library folder
2- Follow that folder path: /Library/Application Support/Musixmatch
3- Delete the folder
If the problem still persists, please read the following FAQ.
The desktop app doesn't open on Mac?
Download the latest version of the app and try again to open it.
Does the issue still persist? Please contact us sending an email to email@example.com
The desktop app is not working through Spotify?
- Update the app
- Verify that you're using the same Spotify account both in Spotify and Musixmatch
- Close the Musixmatch window, wait 30 seconds and re-open it
- Click on Pause, wait 30 seconds and click on Play (on Spotify)
- Change Track on Spotify and wait 30 seconds
- Login / Logout (Musixmatch)
- Close the app (right mouse button on Musixmatch tray icon > "Quit Musixmatch") e re-open it
If after these tests, the problem is still present, we invite you to contact us via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, sending your log:
- right mouse button on Musixmatch tray icon
- click on "Copy debug log to clipboard"
- paste the log on the private message you'll send to us
No lyrics are displayed for the song you are listening through Spotify or iTunes?
Please check if the Musixmatch app is currently running on your system.
Go to Task Manager > Startup and then right-click on the program and select Enable Musixmatch from the popup menu.
Then fire up any song from Spotify or iTunes and wait 10 seconds before checking whether the lyrics are displayed on the windows.
If you still experience problems, report the issue writing at email@example.com so we can help you.
When you try to log-in, you have a white window?
Close the login window and open it again.
If the problem persists, try to clean your cookies and your cache and try to log-in again
You have Linux and the desktop app is not working?
It's a problem that we're currently solving. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The app doesn't work. I have an error message "CLR error 80004005". How can I fix it?
It is a system problem not related to our App.