How do I get paid as Publisher?
Musixmatch shall deliver to Company within sixty (60) days of the expiration of each calendar quarter ending on March 31st, June 30th, September 30th and December 31st each year [...] a complete statement showing all sales of Lyrics via the Musixmatch Platform through the Media, identifying the channel of distribution, the Service, the device to which the Lyrics were delivered, the price at which the Lyrics were sold and/or the revenue received by Musixmatch (for those lyrics), and the Royalties due to be credited to Company in respect of such sale by Musixmatch in relation to the exploitation concerned (the “Report”).
You can access your royalty reports in the “Report” section of MXM PRO for Publishers.
In this section you will find:
- A summary report with the overview of the data (licensed services, total royalties);
- A detailed report with the breakdown of all the royalties earned by your lyrics through each licensed service. (Please note that you will only see listed those services that actually registered views for the quarter);
Please be aware that the report section is only accessible for users entitled to see this type of information within their company. If you wish to update your contact list, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below a mockup of how our royalties report will look like.
Please send all invoices and payment related questions to email@example.com.
Please issue one invoice for each currency (€, $ or others) headed to Musixmatch spa, via Timavo 34, 20124 Milano, VAT number IT 03004641209, indicating in the description the relevant quarter/year and the banks details (IBAN, account number and SWIFT/BIC code).
Please see below a template of how you can invoice us:
Withholding tax on Royalties
In compliance with the Italian tax legislation we need from each of our partners certain documentation renewed on a yearly basis, to ensure that the most favorable withholding tax on payment of royalties is applied. In case those documents are not provided, the withholding tax to be applied is equal to 30% of the gross royalty amount.
In most cases, the tax treaty between Italy and other countries provides a reduction of the withholding taxes, if:
- your company is a tax resident company in a country that signed the treaty;
- your company doesn't have a permanent establishment or a fixed base in Italy;
- your company is the beneficial owner of the royalties as a result of use of a copyright on lyrics.
If you match all the 3 requirements above mentioned you may ask us to apply the withholding tax rate provided by the tax treaty between Italy and your Company’s country.
The documentation to be provided consists of:
- A form signed by your Company declaring that you possess the above mentioned requirements. You can find an example form
- A form issued by your Company’s country’s Tax Authority declaring that your company is a tax resident in a country that signed the treaty (as stated below, for US residents this form is the nr.6166) - to be attached to the declaration in the previous point.
Please click here to find more information and to find the international agreements with Italy: Dipartimento Finanze - Convenzioni per evitare le doppie imposizioni.
Please note that there is a threshold of $100/€100 earnings that needs to be reached before you can send us an invoice - this stands true for each currency (i.e. if you reach $100 royalties but not €100 royalties, you can send us an invoice only for the USD amount). If this threshold has not been met, we will carry over any royalties earned to the next quarter and alert you when it is time to invoice. Please note that we have these thresholds in place in order to minimize the impact of bank fees that in most cases will be applied by your bank in international wire transfers.
Musixmatch will not be liable for fees debited by your bank or intermediary banks.
In indicating the bank details, please make sure that the bank account holder is the same as the rights holder.
Please note that not all banks can receive international payments - you should make sure your bank can receive them in order not to incur in undue fees.
I’ve already sent my invoice, when will I get paid?
We will pay the invoice within thirty (30) days from the date the invoice for the Royalties shown to be due in the applicable Report is received.