Can Curator or Specialist privileges and status be revoked?
Our lyrics Curators and Specialists have to set an example for the community.
Users can receive (by Slack or by email) various warnings from the Musixmatch Team if:
- They don't respect the writing guidelines
- They are inactive for over 6 months (3 months for Specialists)
- They use inappropriate or offensive language
- They are not available on Slack or don't reply to emails/messages sent by the Musixmatch Content Team (including Most Urgent contribution requests for Specialists)
- They receive a high number of complaints
- They publish Curator test answers online, or otherwise compromise the test in any way (requesting the lyrics for songs on the test is also forbidden)
- They have multiple curator accounts
- They submit lyrics with mistakes in a non-native language
- They don't respect our Community Behavior Policy
Depending on the severity of the issue, Curators/Specialists meeting one or more of the above cases will receive either 0, 1, or 2, warnings before their status is downgraded.
The following are specific examples of contribution-related offences which can lead to direct downgrades:
- Contributing with errors in a non-native language
- Saving lyrics contributions without correcting errors within them (refer to the Note🎵 at the top of the Sync page of the guidelines)
- Sending lyrics which have been copy and pasted from another source
Users found to be contributing in this way will directly lose their status, without the opportunity to re-gain it in future. Rewards will also not be delivered for users engaging in this behavior
The following rules are applied immediately when a Curator is not following the Writing Guidelines during Missions.
The majority of Curators and Specialists work very hard and contribute high-quality lyrics. The warning and downgrade system is necessary for the minority who do not. It is essential in maintaining the quality of content for which we all, as a community, pride ourselves on.