Why can't my artist verification be approved?
Two main reasons why your artist verification cannot be approved
- An issue related to your discography on the Spotify and Apple Music profiles provided during the verification process
- There is not a clear relationship between you and the artist you are trying to verify, so we may ask you for further clarification via email
Issues related to your discography
Anytime we detect an issue with your discography, you will receive an email explaining to you what went wrong.
There are 3 main possible issues that we could detect in your discography:
- At the time you sent the verification request, your discography was empty on either Apple Music or Spotify. Please note that our system is not able to identify pre-releases, so at the time of the verification request we can only use publicly displayed releases.
- There are no releases in common between the Spotify and the Apple Music Artist profiles that you provided during the artist verification
- One or more releases in your discography have been associated with another Artist’s profile
Our general recommendation is to make sure that all Albums, EPs, Singles, Compilations are available in your artist pages on Apple Music and Spotify and that they all belong to you, even as a featured artist.
|Rejection reason||Example of approved verification||Example of rejected verification||How to fix that|
|Duplicate artist page||You have only one artist page on Spotify and one in Apple Music||
On Spotify you have two different artist pages.
In the first page you can see your first EP, in the second page you can see the 2 albums that you released after
|Contact your distributor about this. Your distributor can then contact Apple/Spotify customer care to merge your discographies into one artist page|
|Provided link to an artist page that belongs to someone else||The Apple Music and Spotify artist pages you sent during the verification process, both belong to you||The Apple Music artist page you provided belongs to another artist that happens to have the same name as yours||Make sure that the artist page links you send us are the ones that display your discography|
Discography not matching
|On the digital streaming platforms you released 4 songs. At least 1 of the 4 songs is available both on your Spotify and Apple Music artist pages||On the digital streaming platforms you released 4 songs. Of those 4 songs, the first 2 you released are available only on Spotify, the last 2 you released are available only on Apple Music||Contact your distributor and ask them to upload your full discography to both Spotify and Apple|
|Empty discography||You released your first single which is already available on your artist page in Spotify and Apple Music||Your first single is already available on Spotify, however it was not released yet on Apple Music||Follow up with your distributor about why your single was not yet released on Apple Music. Once released, restart the Musixmatch verification process|
|Discography in the artist page is mixed with that of another artist’s.||Your artist pages on Apple Music and Spotify show only songs where you are the artist or a featured artist||
There is one or more songs in your artist page that belong to another artist
Contact your distributor about this.