What do I need to know about how rewards are sent?
How does Musixmatch send rewards?
Musixmatch sends rewards via Trolley, a banking platform partner.
The funds are managed by them and sent from a Money Service Business. You can ask your bank if you can receive payments from this type of bank.
Trolley can always provide payment confirmations if required.
What currencies are rewards sent in?
Your reward will be in your local Bank account currency
We can only send payments to the official local currency in your country of residence (examples: EUR in Italy, SEK or EUR in Sweden, IDR In Indonesia, USD in the US, INR in India).
Even though the currency shown on the mission is US Dollars $ (USD), the payment will be sent in the local currency of your country of residence/ the country where your bank account is located (which may not be in USD).
This allows us to send payments in many countries through their local payment systems and avoiding, where possible, the higher SWIFT Wire transfer costs.
We can send rewards in 28 different currencies
Australian Dollar (AUD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Croatian Kuna (HRK), Czech Koruna (CZK), Danish Krone (DKK), Euro (EUR), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Hungarian Forint (HUF), India (INR), Indonesia (IDR), Japanese Yen (JPY), Kenyan Shilling (KES), Malaysia (MYR), Mexican Peso (MXN), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Norwegian Krone (NOK), Philippines (PHP), Polish Zloty (PLN), Romanian Leu (RON), Saudi Riyal (SAR), Singapore Dollar (SGD), South African Rand (ZAR), Swedish Krona (SEK), Swiss franc (CHF), Turkish Lira (TRY), UK Sterling (GBP), United Arab Emirates (AED), US Dollar (USD)
What if my currency is not supported?
If your currency is not supported, you can add a Paypal account
In this article you can read more about how to add a Paypal account.
If your bank account currency is not supported and Paypal is not available in your country, we can offer you two more options
- If you have a “virtual USD” account like Revolut or Payoneer (who are located in the US) you can:
- Set your profile location to the US.
- Add your Revolut or Payoneer account details
- Change your profile location to your actual country.
- We will send the payment as local ACHs/SEPA.
- If you don't have a virtual USD account, we will have to send a USD or EUR wire transfer, which requires you to have a USD or EUR currency account at your bank in your country. For most of the countries, you don't necessarily need to set your location to US or EU for this: you just need to choose USD or EUR as the account currency (if it's not the default option) when adding or editing your account details.
What about taxes?
Musixmatch always send the net amount for completing a Mission.
You will have to declare your income and pay taxes based on the current legislation of your Country.
For Italian Curators, there is a withholding tax of 20%.
Every month, we will need you to sign a document called "prestazione occasionale" that we will send you via email.