Who are the Lyrics Curators? How can I become one?
Lyrics Curators are the most passionate and active community members, selected on the merit of their contributions.
They have been spotted for the high quality of their transcribed lyrics, for the high commitment to the Musixmatch mission (build the world's largest lyrics catalogue), and for the interactions with other community members.
This includes providing feedback to other contributors, participating in Slack discussions, helping mentor new users, and encouraging great content.
You can spot them by looking for the curator label on their profile on the Musixmatch website.
Lyrics Curator privileges:
- you ask us to
- we get a high number of complaints
- you’ve been inactive for too long
- or you simply aren’t following the guidelines
Things we encourage lyrics curators to do:
- Consistently contributing high-quality lyrics
• Post new lyrics when a song drops, add old songs we’re missing, or correct lyrics.
• Leading, inspiring and mentoring other contributors
• Being active on Slack
Become a Lyrics Curator
To be considered for the curation role, you must be an exceptional contributor who consistently contributes to the Musixmatch catalog in one or more of the following ways:
- Adding missing lyrics
- Reviewing existing lyrics
- Transcribing accurate lyrics for new releases
- Editing wrong lyrics
- Reporting mistakes on lyrics
Follow these steps to be an Eligible Curator:
- Create an account (if you haven't already)
- Pass the Musixmatch Academy
- Unlock at least one of these badges: Scribbler, Sheriff, Metronome, or Adventurer
- Add lyrics following our Writing Guidelines
- Be an active member of the Musixmatch Community Slack
- Grant your help on a daily/weekly basis
Once you've unlocked the badges, Musixmatch will do a quality check on your contribution, and in case of positive feedback, the Lyrics Test for Eligible Curators will be sent to you.