[Lesson 4] Make lyrics worldwide: how to translate the lyrics
Say it in another language, but maintain the structure
- Remember, the rules for transcription and formatting can also be applied to translation
- Translate line by line
- Only add translations that you have personally done
- Pay strict attention to the context of the lyrics
- Keep the original words if they cannot be translated
Do's and Don't
- Don’t - Copy/paste.
- Don’t - Use machine translation services
- Don’t - Translate in romanized version.
- Do - Discuss with the language-specific community members
- Do - Follow the “Transcribe” and “Format” guideline
If you have doubts with lyrics, you can always ask in the Musixmatch Community Slack channel
Want to know more about how to translate perfectly? Check our Writing Guidelines